Followers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Startup Efforts

So today we decided to start a blog about our 2-year family adventure to Switzerland. Wait, how do I even start a blog? Well, this is the test... let's see how this works.

Packing... What are these crazy rules on car seats in Switzerland? What do you mean, I can't take my perfectly good, AAA rated car seats I bought here in the US and use them over there? Great.

Luggage over limit, ok... let me check how much they would charge for that at our beloved locally based international air carrier. You've got to be kidding me, $50 a bag? Great start. Any more curveballs?

Sure, since we are talking about curveballs... Relo lady calls, she will pick us up at the airport in a VW Golf. No carseats, by the way. I thought about emailing her that we are arriving with 4 people and about 73 pieces of luggage, but I refrained, smiled and accepted the fact that I will have to  haul my carseats over to Switzerland for this one trip from the airport to the appartment, and then go buy new seats that conform to the new Swiss regulations. Sigh.

Otherwise, everything went well so far. T minus 51 hours until departure...

No comments:

Post a Comment