Followers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Getting Here

Lord, Thank you so much that our kids were so well-behaved on the flight!

US Air - Thanks for not charging us for our extra/overweight luggage. Thanks also for the very friendly, helpful service. Everything went so smoothly that I just might have to take back every bad thing I've ever said about you :-)

Frankfurt Airport- We won't be passing through you again if we can hep it. We felt like we had to walk all through Frankfurt just to get from one plane to another.

Kathy - Thanks for telling me to just bring our pack-n-play. Being able to put her down as soon as we got here was so necessary!

We're starting to get settled into our new city. Thursday, we basically slept away :-) Friday, we did a little exploring downtown and some grocery shopping. Actually, we've gone grocery shopping every day (sometimes more than once). Trying to set up shop. I've been surprised that the grocery prices aren't as bad as I was expecting. I guess shopping at the good ol' HT has prepared me for that:-). Saturday, we spent inside as Jonas caught a little bug and has a fever. Tomorrow, Oma & Opa come to visit! Hopefully, we'll take a nice stroll around the lake.

A few little tidbits from Jonas:

On the plane when Andy explained that we need to sleep on the plane: Did you brought our jammies?

When he walked into the apartment:

1) Where are my toys?
2) You said there was going to be a lot of snow here. Where is it?

8 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely! I look forward to hearing more about your new adventure!

    Jenny Kroitor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add that we checked into one of the preschools we were interested in. It only costs $9k - per semester!! Needless to say Jonas won't be going there! And, I may have to start a preschool to amke a few bucks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it there safely and starting to get settled in. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Jonas is hilarious!!!! So did you get him any toys yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonas is so cute. You have to hand it to the kid...he has his priorities straight! lol! I mean, who wants an apartment without toys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. jonas cracks me up!!! that is too stinkin' funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! It sounds like things are going well. We miss you! Its funny to think that you are in Europe right now. :) (Its not from Hank-it's from me)

    ReplyDelete